Thursday, February 22, 2007

Building Cities

-- Building Cities

I want to build cities
Too many fields to battle
Too many evading tattles
And Caravans in the vicinities

You've been building a city
Breaking chains of misery
Channeling communication
Erecting hopes and pure reason

I had to lie when I left you
The only way to show you the true
Involve a faltering process
filled with magical equivocation

I don't know how to stop your vain
And maybe I have another agenda
Astronomers, Artists, and Philosophers
To many life were lost in vain

But maybe no life were lost in vain
This lie was just the beginning
For a new system made in heaven
And you In spite of all the tears
That this new love will bring
Tell me the name of the children we'll have
They will build cities for us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.